Many people see HVAC maintenance as a bunch of dollar signs, what they don't realize is it is vital.
Below are six reasons preventative maintenance is essential.
- It saves you money. Yes, you'll have some upfront costs, but routine maintenance can save you the headache of major breakdowns which are costly. Preventative maintenance helps ensure your system runs at peak efficiency which in turn saves you money on your energy bills. Regular tune-ups will help extend the life of the system and help keep you covered under the manufacturer's warranty.
- Improve the air you breathe. Regular HVAC maintenance helps eliminate some of the common allergens, smoke, pollen, and mold that are commonly found in households and buildings.
- Keep yourself comfortable. Routine maintenance helps your system product and distribute the air evenly and steadily and minimizes the chance of those annoying noises that can come from unmaintained HVAC systems.
- Safety! Unmaintained HVAC systems can cause them to malfunction, which can turn bad quickly if pipes freeze and burst, causing excessive damage to your property. Preventative maintenance would also detect a failing or cracked heat exchanger. This could cause a carbon monoxide leak, which could be deadly.
- It's Earth Friendly. Keeping your HVAC system maintained means it works more efficiently and uses considerably less fuel, which is good for the planet. A programmable thermostat will also help the efficiency of your system.
- Peace of mind. Investing in a maintenance plan gives you comfort knowing you've taken the steps to help ensure a long life for your HVAC system.